Day 1: Introduction and short ride in the valley.
After breakfast we drive from Jakar, Bumthang to Tang Valley, where our ranch is located. The drive will take two hours. We will be greeted by our host and hostess at the home stay and after lunch we meet our horses and the Trail guide. Short introduction on riding lesson inside our arena. We make a short ride within the valley, visit local villages and get acquainted with the horse. Overnight in home stay or Orgyen Choling Guest House.
Day 2: Tang Valley – Kunzangdrak village
Begin your day with a short introduction riding lesson inside our arena. After covering a few basics we will begin our ride. Experience the breathtaking view as you ride along the village road up the mountain side and towards the first camping site. This ride might have a few places where the rider needs to dismount and walk your horse, depending on the footing of the trail on the way down the hill. Riders are expected to listen to the trail leader’s instructions carefully for a safe and enjoyable ride. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the lush mountains before reaching the camp site. (Ride Duration Approximate 6 hours). Overnight in tents
Day 3: Kunzangdrak – Padselling Monastery.
Start your day with some fun exercises atop the horse that are beneficial to both you and your pony as you improve your riding balance and confidence. Begin your long ride through the forests and hillsides as you make your way towards the next camping site. Upon reaching the camping site, you will get the opportunity to explore a Buddhist Monastery, village and Temple atop the Mountainside, perfect for taking pictures. (Ride Duration Approximate 6 hours). Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Padselling – Dorjibi village
Enjoy a relaxing ride through the forests, hillsides and terrain as you make your way down the hill. You will be riding mostly on village roads and trails, making it easy to maneuver your pony. Advanced riders can participate in some trot as guided by the trail leader whereas beginners can practice their riding exercises. (Frogs/Up Downs) (Riding Duration Approximate 5 hours).Overnight in the hotel at Jakar.
Contact us for details.
- Accommodation in listed hotel.
- Accommodations in tents during the camp.
- All meals
- Sightseeing with entrance fees.
- Bhutan visa, tourists fees and taxes.
- All land transportation by good quality private vehicle.
- Local English speaking Guide through-out the trip.
- During the trek: All camping equipment, meals on trek, pack animals, riding horses. Accompanied by Horse Guide, cook and assistants.
- Flight costs extra as listed separately
- International flights
- Travel Medical insurance
- Personal gears, clothing, shoes.
- Bar-beverages, personal gifts/gratuities, telephone call, laundry and other personal expenses not listed in the included section.