Day 1: Introduction and short ride in the valley.
After breakfast we drive from Jakar, Bumthang to Tang Valley, where our ranch is located. The drive will take two hours. We will be greeted by our host and hostess at the home stay and after lunch we meet our horses and the Trail guide. Short introduction on riding lesson inside our arena. We make a short ride within the valley, visit local villages and get acquainted with the horse. Overnight in home stay or Orgyen Choling Guest House.
Day 2: Tang Valley – Ngalakhang
Begin the ride climbing up the hill to the pass and cross Phephe la pass (3350m) on your horse back. From the pass, descend gradually, first through the dense forests rich with birds, then across the thick bushes and soft paths, descending into the pine forests and finally arrive in Ngalakhang village, with a large temple and many village homes. Advanced riders can enjoy some trotting on their ponies whereas the beginner riders can participate in practicing some of the exercises as given by the trail leader. (Frogs/Up Downs etc). (Riding Duration about 6hrs) Overnight in tents or Home stay.
Day 3: Ngalakhang valley – Jakar.
Enjoy a nice relaxing ride while exploring the local villages and meeting the friendly people. This is the perfect opportunity to feel like you flashbacked through time as you ride your beautiful horses through the farms and unpaved roads. Watch the farmers plowing the fields or the women in the potato field hard at work as you sit atop your pony. Visit the village temple and some farm house. Advanced riders can participate in some trot as guided by the trail leader and beginner riders can practice their riding exercises.
(Riding Duration Approximate 5 hours). Overnight in hotel.
Contact us for details.
- Accommodation in listed hotel.
- Accommodations in tents during the camp.
- All meals
- Sightseeing with entrance fees.
- Bhutan visa, tourists fees and taxes.
- All land transportation by good quality private vehicle.
- Local English speaking Guide through-out the trip.
- During the trek: All camping equipment, meals on trek, pack animals, riding horses. Accompanied by Horse Guide, cook and assistants.
- Flight costs extra as listed separately
- International flights
- Travel Medical insurance
- Personal gears, clothing, shoes.
- Bar-beverages, personal gifts/gratuities, telephone call, laundry and other personal expenses not listed in the included section.